Sunday, August 3, 2014

Chemo update-Week 22-Treatment #15-7/30/2014

 Excited or concerned I’m not sure how I should feel at this moment.  Excited & happy that Angela only has one more treatment but concerned that we’ll become complacent & not make changes that could reduce or eliminate the possibility of recurrence.   Each and every day I remind myself of what I was told when we started on this long journey and that was to take it one day at a time. 

Treatment 15 included the most lethal mixture of medicines that have resulted in the worst side effects.   We brace ourselves for the worst and hope for the best.  Typically the only side effect the day of treatment is sluggishness with the worst side effects rearing their ugly head two to three days later.   This week would be no different however the symptoms were not or at least to date have not been nearly as severe.  Bouts of nausea, lightheadedness & general sluggishness are symptoms that she has battled routinely so she put on her bravest face, smiled at what cancer had to offer and did it once again.

I wake up each day and could easily say to myself my wife has cancer and she is going to die however we do not do that in our house.    Though it was ingrained in my as a youngster to never give up there was never any substance to that motto until I watched my wife do battle with cancer.  Never give up are just three independent words that alone mean nothing however when put together and mixed with heart & soul they cannot be conquered.   My wife has taught me that there is meaning to life other than existence on this Earth.  i.e. love other people, do the things you want to do and smile and be happy.

As we approach the final treatment I feel lost without a clear path developed to lead our way afterwards but I’m comforted with the knowledge that with faith in God and the strength we share we can overcome.   Love you Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment