Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014 Recovery

Today was a day of rest at our home. Angela didn't get up til well after 1 and I'm embarrassed to say that I fell asleep for an hour or so in the middle of the day.  The best sign of all that recovery is well underway is the fact that she is once again talking a mile a minute. The only benefit of anesthesia is that she talked slow enough that I could comprehend every word.


She is still overextending herself which ultimately comes back to haunt her in the evening hours.  We are doing a good job administering the pain medication before the onset of pain however she is still experiencing shortness of breath so I’m not sure that we’re out of the pneumonia woods just yet. The good news of the night is for the second night in a row her bowels were active.  Emotionally, she was upbeat & acting normal most of the day. She is a very strong, confident woman comparable to know one that I’ve ever met before. The most emotional days may yet to come but I have no doubt that we have the strength to carry each other through to the end and when we don't our wonderful family & friends will pick us up.    

No comments:

Post a Comment