Monday, September 5, 2016

Spring/Summer Hospital Stay Day 13

May 29, 2016

And the battle continues. Angela was rushed to ICU tonight due to decreased breathing (<75%) and a temperature of 103. I experienced the first moment of weakness when I broke down in tears as they transported my very disoriented wife to the intensive care unit.
The response by the folks at Penn was amazing. Over a dozen physicians and nurses were mobilized to her bedside within five minutes of the emergency call made by the attending nurse. Her condition was stabilized within two hours of being transported to ICU. One of her first comments to me was that she was scared words which were quickly retracted most likely to protect me. Unfortunately my wife has spent most of her life sacrificing her feelings to protect others. In this post I'm issuing a challenge to everyone in her life to begin thinking about how she feels and consider being that shoulder to lean on in HER times of need.
This is a classic battle between a tough woman and a tough disease. The disease knocked her down with a good punch tonight but she got up before the count of ten. Winning and losing the little battles doesn't count as much as winning the war and when this is over Angela Bursler will be the Victor.#heartofalion

No comments:

Post a Comment