Monday, September 5, 2016

Spring/Summer Hospital Stay Day 20

June 5, 2016

The effect of twenty straight days supporting my wife in the hospital hit me hard today. As I have the last three weeks I awoke this morning with knowledge of where I was going and what I was going to do. There are no decisions or choices for my wife has no choice but to be hospitalized so I have no choice but to be by her side. Bottom line, without sounding too much like a whiner, I'm exhausted.
Apologies out of the way the more important story is that Angela Burslers condition is stabilized to the point where there are rumblings of discharge as early as tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic but there are still a few wrinkles that need to be ironed out before it happens. A real quick recap of her condition is as follows:
White blood cell count normal
Neutrophils (specific type of WBC) normal
Blood pressure stable at 130/80+
No headaches
Appetite is semi-restored. She consumed enough food to account for a moderate amount of calories today.
*Hemoglobin (red blood cell count) <7 but given a unit of blood today.
*Still experiencing random fevers--still trying to zero in on source.
*Fluid on the lungs slowly being absorbed by the body.
* Breathing unassisted while in a stationary position. Assisted with a continual flow rate of 2 liters of O2 through the nasal cannula while moving or sleeping.
* Denotes conditions that need resolution before discharge will be approved.
We have high hopes for tomorrow.
A couple of quick shout outs to some folks who actively participated in events today in support of cancer research. Nancy Boman I can't thank you enough for marking the name of my wife on your arm in support of her battle as you successfully battled your way through your first half-marathon.
Michael M. Wascheck congratulations on hitting your $ goal for the Relay for Life in Pennsville, NJ in support of cancer research.
Collectively we will conquer this disease. My wife and I have plans ten years from now that will not be interrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment